Hear about the relationship between publishers and teams at #ESINYC
#ESINYC is an event taking place on April 23rd focused on networking and business development in and around esports and is set to welcome one of the best speaker lineups of esports B2B conferences yet.
- 200+ Delegates
- 40+ Leading industry speakers
- 5 Engaging panel sessions
- 4 Roundtables
- One on one matchmaking opportunities
- 1 Extravagant networking after-party at Jay Z’s 40/40 Club
- Supplementary events on the 22nd April evening, and 24th morning
To purchase tickets, and for more information click here. For sponsorship queries and further questions, please email [email protected].
As we all know, esports is largely an umbrella term for an array of wonderful titles. From League of Legends and Dota through to Call of Duty and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, there’s a whole lot of titles for consumers to digest as and when they fancy.
Each title is often published by a different company, and from franchised leagues through to an open ecosystem – the approach taken by different publishers can vary dramatically. As such, housing a team in the likes of League of Legends – where the game is heavily franchised – will have differing demands on team owners than having a CS:GO team operating under Valve’s nascent ruleset.
It’s not always easy, as Nicolas Maurer, CEO of Team Vitality told ESI ahead of his panel discussion at #ESINYC: “The diversity of the ecosystem undoubtedly comes with challenges. Getting to know the processes and company philosophies of each publisher is time consuming; it takes a lot of work and resources on the team side. At the same time those interactions and work that goes into it helps us to evaluate the pros and cons of the different approaches, and push for industry best practices as we learn and iterate them.”
“The diversity of the ecosystem undoubtedly comes with challenges”
- Nicolas Maurer, CEO, Team Vitality
- Steve Arhancet, Co-CEO and Owner, Team Liquid
- Chris Hopper, Head of Esports (NA), Riot Games
- Ed Chang, Director of Business Strategy, EA Competitive Gaming
- Nicola Piggott, Co-Founder, The Story Mob (Moderator)
Want to download the full agenda? Click here.
ESI NYC is brought to you by:
Find out more about our event partners here
Register for ESI New York
Source: Read Full Article