Fortnite 11.40 update PATCH NOTES: Convert automatic rifle to Heavy AR with Sidegrading
UPDATE: Fortnite developer Epic Games has introduced a new Sidegrading feature to Battle Royale.
According to the in-game newsfeed, sidegrading lets players “use the Upgrade Stations to convert your AR to a Heavy AR”.
More to follow…
ORIGINAL: Fortnite developer Epic Games has taken Battle Royale offline in order to perform some much-needed maintenance, and release update 11.40.
The big new Fortnite update – the first of its kind for weeks – will make wholesale changes to Battle Royale and Save the World.
PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android users can download the update right now, just moments after the game goes down for maintenance.
Fortnite update 11.40 was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside plans to take the game offline for server maintenance.
“Hi, all! v11.40 – tomorrow. Downtime for the patch begins at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC). Stay tuned for updates when downtime ends.”
As the first update in quite some time, server maintenance is likely to last for a couple of hours, which means the game should come back online at around 11am UK time.
There’s no word on whether Epic will add new items or make any major map changes, although with Chapter 2, Season 1 coming to an end, it seems likely.
Indeed, Epic is expected to hold an end-of-season event in the build up to the next chapter, so expect some major leaks coming your way.
In the meantime, you can check out the early update 11.40 patch notes below.
Fortnite 11.40 update early patch notes in full…
– Use the Upgrade Stations to convert your AR to a Heavy AR
• Unable to go through gifting process
– Players on consoles may get stuck and unable to progress through gifting process if they do not have 2-Factor Authentication
• Unable to select traps with a controller when ‘Pick up’ indicator is on-screen (future update)
– Players may be unable to select traps with a controller when the ‘Pick up’ indicator is on-screen
• Overtime Challenge “Visit different bus stops” not tracking for all bus stops
– Not all bus stops count towards completion of the “Visit different bus stops” Overtime Challenge – Remedy vs Toxin
• Quick Bar inadvertently defaulted off on consoles/PC
– We’re aware of an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on consoles and PC
Fortnite update 11.40 patch notes continued…
• Star Wars Legacy entries disappeared
– Players’ Star Wars Legacy entries have disappeared
• “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction remap
– After direction is remapped from a non-“F” key to the “F” key, the key may not allow for proper movement
• Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode
– Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode, even if they’re not editing anything
• Sniper Rifle crosshairs may disappear when players fall into a Hideout
– Falling into a Hideout (haybale, dumpster, port-a-potty) while holding a Sniper Rifle may cause the crosshairs to disappear
Source: Read Full Article