Fortnite is down – when will they return?
Fortnite servers will be switched off this morning by Epic Games as they prepare to release the games brand new update and 11.20 Patch Notes.
That means matchmaking will be temporarily disabled for all Fortnite modes, including Battle Royale, Save the World and Creative.
Likewise, it's worth mentioning that this is across ALL platforms. That means players on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and mobile won't be able to log in.
As mentioned, Epic Games are taking Fortnite offline this morning so the team can release the new v11.20 update.
Fortnite's next big update is scheduled to arrive this morning following confirmation of the server downtime last night.
“Hey, all” the latest tweet from Epic Games reads.
“We've got v11.20 coming tomorrow. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC).”
"Stay tuned for updates when downtime ends"
For anyone wondering, this will be at 9 am GMT for everyone living in the UK.
Epic Games has not technically given any details about how long the downtime will last today.
But players are normally booted off the game 20 minutes before downtime begins and it typically lasts for a couple of hours at the very least.
Based on past downtime and updates, we would estimate the game will be back online by roughly 10 am GMT.
It's not clear exactly how accurate a bog-standard service message can be, but it's worth also highlighting that previously the games server status page has suggested that scheduled maintenance for an update of this size and scope will last "09:00-11:00 UTC".
This could quite easily change, nothing is 100% accurate, but for now we at least have a reasonable idea of how long downtime will take.
Unless of course something catastrophic happens with the update… but should that situation arise, we'll be on hand to update you.
Those intrigued to know what might be fixed today keep reading, we've listed some of the main bugs that are showing as fixed in the next release on the games Trello board.
As ever, there will be some fixes coming in the next release.
As per theFortnite Trello board, we can infer these are:
- DirectX 12 support for PC players
- Bandage Bazooka returns
- Fix for 'The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol may appear larger than intended'
- Fix for 'Devastator Outfit's hair may not appear the intended color'
- Fix for 'Inventory item selection set to equipped weapon instead of first slot'
- The equipped item slot will be the selection slot when players open the inventory. This was previously not the case. Even though this will be addressed in a future release, we plan to allow it as an option for players who prefer it.
- Fix for 'Reports of low-detailed buildings on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One upon landing on the map
- We're aware of reports of buildings sometimes appearing low-detailed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as players land on the map.
Fortnite V-Bucks Best Prices
Latest Games News
Source: Read Full Article