Fortnite Update 11.20 Patch Notes: New Skins, Map and DirectX 12 support?
Fortnite unexpectedly announced the new Fortnite 11.20 Update for the game overnight and that means players can expect some Fortnite Downtime to begin in the coming minutes.
Epic Games servers will be switched off at 9am GMT and won't come back online for a number of hours.
This should impact all platforms including players on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and mobile.
As this is likely to be a sizeable patch for the game we're expecting some big reveals. So stay tuned for new skins coming to the item shop, potentially a new map with changes to the existing POI's and much more.
That being said, Epic Games haven't been too forthcoming when it comes to patch notes since Chapter 2 began.
However, Daily Express suggests that could change this week based on what has been communicated by Epic Games Status account on Twitter.
"Epic Games has suggested that unlike before in Season 2, Chapter 1, full patch notes will be revealed when downtime ends," argues the Express.
This is based on the Epic Games tweet which reads: "Hey, all! We've got v11.20 coming tomorrow. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC). Stay tuned for updates when downtime ends."
One change we already know about is the implementation of DirectX 12 support on PC.
"The PC version of Fortnite currently requires a graphics card capable of running Microsoft DirectX 11," Epic explains. "In v11.20, however, you’ll have the added option to play the PC version using Microsoft DirectX 12!
"By using DX12, PC players with high-end GPUs may experience a higher and steadier frame rate. This is because DX12 delivers better CPU performance and allows for the distribution of rendering jobs across multiple cores."
The addition of DirectX 12 support means that even more new features will be added over time.
"In the future, we plan on adding features to Fortnite that are made possible by DX12," Epic continues.
"Allowing players to opt into DX12 before these features are added will give us valuable information in our development efforts and help us shake out any bugs."
Those intrigued to know what might else be fixed today keep reading, we've listed some of the main bugs that are showing as fixed in the next release on the games Trello board.
As ever, there will be some fixes coming in the next release.
As per theFortnite Trello board, we can infer these are:
- DirectX 12 support for PC players
- Bandage Bazooka returns
- Fix for 'The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol may appear larger than intended'
- Fix for 'Devastator Outfit's hair may not appear the intended color'
- Fix for 'Inventory item selection set to equipped weapon instead of first slot'
- The equipped item slot will be the selection slot when players open the inventory. This was previously not the case. Even though this will be addressed in a future release, we plan to allow it as an option for players who prefer it.
- Fix for 'Reports of low-detailed buildings on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One upon landing on the map
- We're aware of reports of buildings sometimes appearing low-detailed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as players land on the map.
Fortnite V-Bucks Best Prices
Latest Games News
Source: Read Full Article