Fortnite update 14.20 patch notes: Server downtime, Marvel map changes, BTS, Rocket League
Fortnite developer Epic Games is launching update 14.20 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Android and Nintendo Switch.
Fortnite update 14.20 has been given a September 23 release date on all platforms. Fans can download the update from 9am BST UK time.
As a numbered update, version 14.20 will be accompanied by a period of server downtime from around 8.30am BST.
There’s no official end time for the server maintenance, but fans can expect it to last until around 10am BST.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “A new update takes over. v14.20 is scheduled for tomorrow, September 23. Downtime will begin at 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC).”
In terms of patch notes, the new update will undoubtedly introduce new Marvel points of interest to the map. The previous patch added Stark Industries, so expect something similar with update 14.20.
Judging by the teaser tweet – and the recent appearance of Gatherer drones – update 14.20 could coincide with the appearance of Marvel villain Galactus.
Needless to say, it will also lay the foundations for the BTS and Rocket League events taking place this weekend.
South Korean boy band BTS will make an appearance in Fortnite at 1am BST UK time on September 26.
The boy band will debut their Dynamite music video with dance choreography on the party Royale main stage.
“BTS is ready to light up Party Royale’s Main Stage for all partygoers,” Epic explains.
“On Friday, September 25 at 8 PM EDT (Saturday, September 26 at 9 AM KST), jump into Party Royale for the world premiere of BTS’ explosive single “Dynamite” Music Video Choreography Version!”
Fortnite fans can also take part in a special Rocket League event from September 26. The Llama-Rama event gives fans the chance to complete challenges and unlock rewards for both Rocket League and Fortnite.
You can check out the Fortnite update 14.20 patch notes below…
Fortnite update 14.20 patch notes…
• Placing a map marker cancels movement.
– Opening the map and placing a marker will cancel held player movements, requiring them to be input again.
• Replays not saving on PlayStation 4.
– Some players on PlayStation 4 may not see any recorded replays when viewing them in the Career tab.
• Fishing Spots can disappear on PC with Effects set to Low.
– On PC, having your “Effects” setting set to “Low” can make Fishing Spots disappear, even at close range. (Fishing Spots should still appear normally with Effects set to Medium or above.)
• Heroes Park and Ghost House don’t count as Discovered Locations after discovering them.
– Heroes Park and Ghost House don’t count as Discovered Locations after discovering them.
• Grass is not removed when placing objects on the ground
– Grass will be coming out of the ground floors of any structures built on the islands that have grass.
• Some players not granted items after first round in some team games.
– Some players are not granted items from a “team settings” and inventory device at the beginning of any round after the first round.
Mobile Top Issues
• Inconsistent Fishing Spot visibility on Nintendo Switch and Android.
– The visibility of Fishing Spots can be inconsistent at close range on Nintendo Switch and Android, sometimes disappearing then reappearing.
Source: Read Full Article