Rune Factory 4 Special: Boss Taming Guide
One of the best features of Rune Factory 4 is the ability to tame monsters and recruit them to your farm. There, they will live in your barns, work your fields, and fight alongside you in battle. They are a crucial part of the farm's ecosystem and they're fun to recruit.
It's not just the simple, generic monsters that can be tamed, however – the game's bosses are potential recruits, too! They require a bit more thought and effort to tame, but they are well worth it – they make for some of the best battle partners in the game.
How To Tame Bosses
Taming bosses works in largely the same way as taming normal monsters with one key difference: they will only accept certain items in the taming process. A list of the tameable bosses and the items they like is at the bottom of this article, but first, we have some crucial tips for you:
- Bosses are much harder to tame than normal enemies and will likely take many attempts. Stock up on their favorite items and be prepared for a long fight.
- You must have beaten the boss before trying to tame it. Once beaten for the first time, bosses can be refought by revisiting their initial location.
- Using the brush to make them like you a bit before throwing their gifts at them is a good strategy. You can use the brush 15 times before it stops having an effect.
- Be careful when using the brush as it does not stop the boss from attacking.
- You will know that you are using the correct item when the heart speech bubble appears. If you are not using the correct item, the speech bubble will simply not appear at all.
- Be careful with bosses that don't have walls to their arena – gifts that are thrown off the platform are lost forever.
- If the boss's favorite item is a crop, it must be a giantized crop. Check out our guide to farming giant crops to find out more.
- Some bosses cannot be tamed. To avoid story spoilers, we are simply not including them in the table below – if the boss is not in the table, it cannot be tamed.
|Ambrosia||Ultra Toyherb, Ultra Moondrop, King Pink Cat, Great Charm Blue|
|Marionetta||Chocolate Cake, Cheese Cake, Apple Pie|
|Dead Tree||Greenifier+, Formula C|
|Chimera||Royal Curry, Ultimate Curry|
|Sarcophagus||Gold Juice, Mixed Juice, Mixed Smoothie|
|Grimoire||Gold Prince Potato, Golden King Cabbage, Golden Tyrant Turnip, Golden Doom Pumpkin|
|Bane Dragon||Rockfish Stew|
|Crystal Mammoth||King Pineapple|
|Siren||Great 4-Leaf Clover|
|Death Wall||Ice Cream|
|Greater Demon||Big Fireflower, Big Autumn Grass|
|Emerald||Big Green Crystal|
|Marin||Big Blue Crystal|
|Olive||Big White Crystal|
|Rouge||Big Red Crystal|
Source: Read Full Article