Sony Wants To Move PS4 Players To PS5 Faster Than In Previous Generations
The PlayStation 4 has been a huge success for Sony, recently becoming the second-best selling console ever–only behind the PlayStation 2. Sony is looking to segue that into success for its next generation. New PlayStation boss Jim Ryan says the company’s main goal is to move the community from the current generation to the PlayStation 5 more quickly than it has in the past.
Referencing the success of the PS4, Ryan told GI.biz about leveraging the strong brand to the next gen.
“These are gamers who are networked and sticky and engaged and passionate about PlayStation to an extent that we’ve not seen in previous generations,” he said. “As we move towards the next-generation in 2020, one of our tasks–probably our main task–is to take that community and transition it from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, and at a scale and pace that we’ve never delivered on before.”
It’s unclear how Sony plans to move players along to the new console or if this will impact its stated plans of releasing games cross-platform. Ryan went on to point out that developers and publishers have given good feedback on the PS5’s development tools, something that was a particular issue with the PS3.
“One thing that makes me particularly optimistic that what we’re hearing from developers and publishers, is the ease in which they are able to get code running on PlayStation 5 is way beyond any experience they’ve had on any other PlayStation platform.”
This comes as Sony reshuffles its management to prepare for the next generation, which includes a more globalized strategy. For more on Sony’s next console, check out everything we know about the PlayStation 5.
PlayStation 5 News
- PlayStation Controllers Explained, And What Could Be Next For PS5
- "Big" PS5 Game Coming From Dev Behind Uncharted, Shadow Of The Colossus Remasters
- PS5 Officially Announced, Release Window Set For 2020
- PlayStation 5 Gets New Controller Details, But Don't Call It DualShock 5 (Yet)
Click To Unmute
- Death Stranding: Here's How The Social Strand System Works
- Death Stranding PSA: Don't Spend Too Much Time In Chapter 2
- Death Stranding | GameSpot Live
- Death Stranding – Trailers VS Game Release Cinematics
- 9 Essential Starter Tips For Death Stranding
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Pass & Update Details – GS News Update
- First Pokemon Sword & Shield Gigantamax Raid Details – GS News Update
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Adds Terry Bogard & More – GS News Update
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Twice As Much Keanu Reeves – GS News Update
- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Could Be A PS5 Game – GS News Update
- Apex Legends Adds Duos Mode Soon – GS News Update
- Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, & Expansions Announced At BlizzCon 2019 – GS News Update
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Sony Wants You To Buy A PS5 Faster Than Usual – GS New Update
Source: Read Full Article