Spoiler-free Wordle hints to help solve Wordle 472 on October 4
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
While you could cheat by using this foolproof Wordle strategy to solve today’s puzzle, it’s far more satisfying to figure out the answer by yourself. Of course, that doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage of a hint or two, which is where Express Online comes in. If you’re struggling to solve Wordle 472 for October 4, then simply head to the bottom of the page for a selection of spoiler-free hints and clues. Good luck, because you might just need it.
The perfect game for your lunch break or commute to work, the aim of Wordle is to figure out a five letter word in just six guesses, which is a tough task, especially when you’re dealing with an obscure word.
To solve the puzzle, you’ll need to pay close attention to the colour of the tiles. If the tile turns grey, then the letter you’ve guessed doesn’t appear in the final word. If it turns yellow, then the letter appears in the word, just not in that position. A green tile means the letter is in the word and in the correct place.
An addictive game with a huge following, Wordle has spawned dozens of clones, including a Lord of the Rings themed version, a musical variant called Heardle, and a hardcore version called Quordle.
If you’re not great with words, then you might prefer something like daily maths-based puzzle Nerdle, where the aim is to figure out a mystery equation.
Anyway, if you’re here for Wordle 472 hints, check out the latest clues for the October 4 puzzle below…
Wordle: Susie Dent discusses popular online word game
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess. If you really want to become a Wordle master, these are four of the best starting words to use.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 472 hints and clues for October 4…
1. Wordle 472 starts with the letter B.
2. Wordle 472 contains two vowels.
3. The main branch of a tree.
Source: Read Full Article