Valorant patch notes for update 3.05 LIVE with Battle Pass and Act 2 news
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
As you might expect, Valorant fans are excited to play through the new map Fracture and check out the fresh Battle Pass for Episode 3 Act 2.
All this will be going live over the next 24-hours depending on where you live, and it just so happens that Riot Games have released the official patch notes for today’s Valorant update.
That’s important as it provides a lot of new information on what other stuff has been tweaked in the background.
Things like Agents being re-balanced and items being removed can have a huge effect on the overall gaming experience.
And according to the latest news, Some of Valorant’s top agents are being changes this week.
According to the new patch notes, Brimstone, Sova, and Breach are all receiving consistency changes to ability damage.
“We want to reward those of you who are creative with the ability sandbox, using your tools to solve the obstacles other Agents are creating,” a message from Riot Games explains.
“To ensure this, physical objects across VALORANT need to interact in a reliable and consistent manner, so you can properly plan and execute without knowing ability-specific interactions.”
Other Agent tweaks are being made to Killjoy and Raze, with Riot Games confirming that Killjoy’s versatile Turret ability has been noted as being oppressive on pistol rounds down longer sightlines.
This is due to its tagging feature, with the intensity combined with weapon spread making it challenging to press forward.
New changes have been made to aim to slightly tone down the Turret’s ability to impede rushes, and give opponents more counterplay options.
Valorant: Riot Games introduces new map 'Breeze'
And explaining the tweaks made to Raze, Riot Games posted this message today, telling fans:
“The Boom Bots’ ability to clear space, spot, and track opponents, as well as one-shot enemies with Light Shields, left you with limited options on how to counterplay—especially during low economy rounds.
“So, we’re trading of reduced damage output for an ability cost reduction in order to introduce more Boom Bot counterplay options. This should also increase the frequency that Raze mains can use Boom Bot to create space.”
More Valorant patch notes news for update 3.05 can be found below and includes the following changes:
- NEW MAP: Fracture is live!
- Immortal 1/2/3 rank tiers are back!
- The Leaderboard will update to distinguish between those of you in each Immortal tier.
- Updated Ranked grouping restrictions to accommodate return of Immortal 1/2/3:
○ Diamond 1 → Immortal 1
○ Diamond 2 → Immortal 2
○ Diamond 3 → Immortal 3
- Adjusted Competitive ranked distribution as detailed in a previous article
- Fracture only queue!
- This queue is a standard, Unrated mode that will give players a chance to practice the new map before they see it in Competitive play.
- Fracture-only queue will be available for 2 weeks, afterwards Fracture will enter other modes, including Competitive.
Premium Battlepass Bonus XP
- Upgrading to the Premium Battlepass will grant a 3% XP boost toward Battlepass tier progression for all matchmade games until the end of Act II
- We believe the Battlepass experience is at its best when you’re able to earn hype rewards as you unlock tiers, hitting major milestones and feeling good about what you’ve earned.
- This is not retroactive, so upgrading early will give you access to the most amount of XP
- The XP boost does not apply toward Daily or Weekly Missions
- Updated AFK detection logic to deter players from farming Battlepass/Account Levels by AFKing in game modes like Deathmatch and Snowball Fight
- Updated the ping calculation to exclude the server frame time.
- Updated markers used by NVIDIA Reflex
- NVIDIA Reflex is used to reduce and measure rendering latency. This update should allow Reflex to better pace frames by adding present markers as well as fixes on some older markers.
- Fixed a bug where concurrent, overlapping ally and enemy Viper smoke could cause the nearsight and decay to never remove
- Fixed a bug where Omen could become stuck in other objects if they were blocking the return location of From the Shadows
- Omen will no longer equip his weapon slower than intended after casting Dark Cover
- Astra will no longer equip her weapon slower than intended after exiting Astral Form
- Fixed KAY/O’s NULL/cmd waves from destroying the glass on Ascent
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Leaderboard to infinitely load when searching for a specific player.
- For Coaches, the Loading screen should now properly display all of the Agent select information (Agent compositions of both teams, etc)
- Fixed an issue where Observer Moderators could not see the pause match timer option if they disconnected and then reconnected during a round.
Source: Read Full Article