World of Warcraft: WoW 8.3 patch notes as Visions of N’Zoth hits servers today
Blizzard has provided all the news surrounding the new World of Warcraft update, including WoW 8.3 patch notes.
As many fans will already know, the big new patch is scheduled to go live today, January 14.
The new World of Warcraft changes will probably be available to everyone following the end of downtime today, which is scheduled to last until 3pm, PT.
The Visions of N’Zoth update sees the Old God N’Zoth unleashed from his titanwrought prison, and an ancient corruption taking root across Azeroth.
This will “turn friends into foes and trapping warriors’ minds in nightmare visions of a hopeless future.
“As despair and madness consume the land, the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance will need to fight for their sanity—and the fate of their wounded world in this content update.”
The new Visions update promises to add a bunch of new content to the game, including two new Allied Races—the fox-like Vuplera (Horde) and the crafty Mechagnomes (Alliance).
New Corruption-tainted weapons and gear will be another major highlight from today’s WoW patch, as well as a new legendary cloak to craft and upgrade—Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve.
The next big World of Warcraft raid event also goes live today and will take fans into the heart of the Black Empire— Ny’alotha, the Waking City.
While the new Raid content will be added to the game this week, the Raid schedule won’t actually start until January 21.
- Diablo Immortal release date news: Is it coming out before Diablo IV?
This will start with Normal and Heroic Difficulties and will put an emphasis on fans collecting that new corrupted gear.
“Turn N’Zoth’s dark power against him by seeking out weapons and armor tainted with Corruption, a new addition to items that provides powerful boons—with potentially deadly consequences. Seek out measures to counter these effects, or embrace its power and learn to endure the madness,” a message from Blizzard explains.
“Cursed by N’Zoth, corrupted items offer truly exceptional power—for a price. As you don more corrupted gear, you’ll find your spells will do more damage, or your heals will be more potent—but the Corruption will begin to affect you in increasingly perilous ways.
“At low Corruption levels, you may be slowed periodically when taking damage—while at higher corruption levels, evil forces from the Void may come for you at any moment.
“Deciding how much Corruption to take on is a delicate balancing act, but Corruption can be mitigated with your new legendary cloak and all new Essences. By equipping this gear, you can negate some of the corruption and reap the benefits of N’Zoth’s might with fewer downsides.”
Another big change coming today is the launch of the N’Zoth Assaults and Horrific Visions, which will start with an introductory quest.
This will include investigating the state of the titan facilities on Azeroth, which will lead to a larger storyline that will open the Assaults in Uldum and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Once both Assaults are open, you will be introduced to Horrific Visions, which leads to collecting your legendary cloak Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve, aiding you in resisting N’Zoth’s corruption as you delve further.
Players will need to complete the storyline to unlock each Assault, and Horrific Visions, which will provide new Visions of N’Zoth themed Essences and new Corrupted gear.
Here’s what Blizzard has confirmed is coming later today (JAN 14) as part of the new World of Warcraft update:
- Artifact Knowledge will increase, bringing a player-character with a level 70 Heart of Azeroth to 17500 AP needed to reach 71.
- N’Zoth Assaults and Horrific Visions begin, and items from those activities can be Corrupted, but will never Warforge/Titanforge.
- Items from N’Zoth Assaults will scale with your character level, similar to other World Quests, and are already available at Season 4 item levels.
- Items from Horrific Visions improve as you complete additional objectives, going from item level 420 up to item level 470 from a full clear with 5 masks active.
- All Titan Residuum will be converted into Silver.
- Titan Residuum will not drop from any source for one week. This includes scrapping or disenchanting Seasonal gear.
- In competitive PvP, Season 3 is closed for titles and Seasonal rewards. The Notorious Gladiator’s Proto-Drake is no longer available, however, the Vicious War Basilisk mount can still be completed this week.
- Mythic Keystone dungeons are still playable using Season 3 affixes, and their associated rewards remain available through this week.
Source: Read Full Article