Apex Legends Update Changes Armor Back To Pre-Season 6 State, Full Patch Notes Revealed
Developer Respawn Entertainment has implemented a new update for Apex Legends on Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One that adjusts in-game armor. The full patch notes are outlined below.
At the start of Season 6: Boosted, Respawn tweaked how armor works in Apex Legends by making them all Evo Armor and reducing their values by 25 points. Now, the studio is reverting all armor values back to pre-Season 6, meaning the 25-point reduction has been reversed. However, the studio clarified that all armor will remain Evo. This change is now in effect on all platforms.
Design director Jason McCord detailed why Respawn made the change and the rationale for reverting it back, saying the entire point of the Season 6 change was to ensure that players getting the drop on someone gave them an advantage in battle. To that end, the Evo Armor and value adjustment was put in place to “promote strategy in battlefield positioning and map control” when confronting a team.
“However, with the introduction of the Evo Armor change, we saw (in our internal playtests) that players were achieving Red Armor (125 shields) more often, and more players were fighting at 225 total health. This started to swing the battles more than we liked, and good players were able to outplay teams more consistently, even if the enemy had worked for a much better position. By lowering the armor values, we felt we had adjusted for the Red Armor availability more than anything else.”
Alongside the armor changes, Respawn ironed out a few other issues with Apex Legends. This includes general fixes like server crashes, audio problems (like bullet sounds not playing when firing the Devotion and Volt), issues with various characters, and more.
Full Apex Legends Patch Notes (September 3)
- Fixed several server crashes.
- Made adjustments to the appearance of several holosprays.
- Removed an inappropriate Caustic voice line.
- Fixed an issue with audio not playing when shooting the Devotion and Volt.
- Fixed an issue where Crypto’s drone in Caustic gas would play to the whole server
- Fixed marking crafting replicators from the ship playing a “Let’s go here” VO ping.
- Fixed an issue with Evo Shields that require exactly 100 damage not evolving when crafting the 100 points.
- Fixed an issue with Ninja controller configuration not being able to use Replicators.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to revive a teammate when they are downed while using a replicator.
- Fixed an issue with Dome Shield on a Sheila allowing a player to shoot through the Dome Shield.
- Fixed an issue with the “No Mercy” finisher spamming “Boom” to the entire server.
- Fixed an issue with amped cover walls requiring more hits from heirlooms than from normal melee to be destroyed.
- Fixed a server crash when Sheila is destroyed while someone is using it.
- Fixed an issue with Hack not detecting players on Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with the portal disappearing upon Wraith’s death.
- Fixed a crash with Wraith’s portal interacting with World’s Edge geysers.
- Fixed an error when Wraith’s portal is too close to a replicator and the player interacts with the replicator.
- Fixed an issue that caused Loba’s teleport to fail in certain areas.
Apex Legends News
- Apex Legends Season 6 Patch Notes Released; New Recon Character Ability Added
- Apex Legends Season 6 Is Bringing Changes To The World's End Map
- Apex Legends Season 6: Here's What Time It Starts
Source: Read Full Article