Nintendo Confirms Its E3 2019 Press Conference Length
E3 2019 doesn’t officially begin until tomorrow, June 11, but a few of the industry’s biggest publishers have already held their E3 press conferences, including Google, EA, Microsoft, and Bethesda. Nintendo will air its annual pre-recorded Direct on the morning of the expo, and now, the Mario and Zelda company has revealed how long the broadcast will last.
Nintendo of America’s official Twitter account confirmed Tuesday’s Direct will run for “around” 40 minutes. The company had previously said the broadcast would focus on Nintendo Switch games coming in 2019, but this is the first confirmation of how long it would be, and its fairly lengthy runtime suggests it’ll be packed with news and announcements.
One thing we can expect for certain from the Direct is the next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC character. Following the World Championship tournament that took place on June 8, game director Masahiro Sakurai revealed via a video message that the next DLC fighter would be revealed during Tuesday’s broadcast, although he didn’t share any other details beyond that, so the character’s identity remains a mystery.
Beyond that, it’s still unclear what we’ll see during Tuesday’s Direct. Nintendo had confirmed that several of this year’s biggest Switch releases–namely Luigi’s Mansion 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening–will be playable on the show floor, so it’s safe to say all of those games will be featured in some capacity in the Direct.
Nintendo’s E3 Direct presentation airs at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST on June 11. You can find out when and how to watch Nintendo’s E3 Direct here. Nintendo also aired a Pokemon-focused Direct on June 5, which revealed a ton of new details about Pokemon Sword and Shield. You can catch up on all the Pokemon Direct news and rewatch the broadcast here.
E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule
- Thursday, June 6, 9 AM PT — Google Stadia Connect
- Saturday, June 8, 9:15 AM PT — EA Play
- Saturday, June 8, 11 AM PT — Nintendo Invitational Tournaments
- Sunday, June 9, 1 PM PT — Microsoft Xbox Press Conference
- Sunday, June 9, 5:30 PM PT — Bethesda Press Conference
- Sunday, June 9, 7 PM PT — Devolver Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 10 AM PT — PC Gaming Show
- Monday, June 10, 12 PM PT — Limited Run Games Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 1 PM PT — Ubisoft Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 4:30 PM PT — Kinda Funny Showcase
- Monday, June 10, 6 PM PT — Square Enix Press Conference
- Tuesday, June 11, 9 AM PT — Nintendo Direct Showcase
Source: Read Full Article