Nintendo Switch Gamescom Stream Recap: All News And Game Announcements
Gamescom 2019 is beginning soon in Cologne, Germany, but before the event starts in earnest several publishers are rolling out announcements. Nintendo used its showcase to spotlight indie games on Nintendo Switch–including a trio of excellent titles that are out today, August 19. But the presentation held plenty of surprises in store overall. Just in case you missed it, we’ve compiled all the big news and announcements below, or you can rewatch the presentation in its entirety.
One significant bit of information that Switch owners will be interested in came later on Monday, during Geoff Keighley’s One Night Live stream. Switch’s The Witcher 3 has finally gotten a release date, and it’ll arrive on the system in mid-October.
Nintendo also plans to debut new footage of its lineup throughout the week, including Luigi’s Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI S, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, and The Witcher 3. For more out of Gamescom, check out our full schedule of Gamescom press conferences.
Nintendo Indie World Showcase From Gamescom 2019
Nintendo Gamescom 2019 News Recap
Skater XL Coming to Nintendo Switch
The indie skateboarding game Skater XL is in early access on PC now, and Nintendo revealed it will come to Switch as well next year. It features a stick-based physics system reminiscent of the Skate series, so it might just scratch that itch. Plus you can actually take this one to a skate park with you.
Superhot Comes to Nintendo Switch Superfast
The acclaimed puzzle-shooter Superhot is coming to Nintendo Switch, but more surprising is that it’s coming to Nintendo Switch today. The game pits you in seemingly impossible situations against multiple foes, but the movement of time is tied to your own movement so you can always stop and take a moment to get your bearings. The result is a bullet-dodging action game that has you shattering your foes like Neo.
Hotline Miami Comes In Hot
Superhot isn’t the only game with a surprise-drop on Nintendo Switch. Both Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2 are available on Nintendo Switch starting today. The pair of games feature an overhead perspective as you make your way through a series of kill rooms, but one hit will take you down. You’ll have to plan your attacks carefully and make use of environments to survive.
The Touryst Goes to Germany
One of the most unexpected surprises of the presentation was a brand-new game from the Fast RMX team. But far from a fast-paced racing game, this one is an action-adventure game full of dungeons, puzzles, and traps. The Touryst features a voxel art style and Zelda-like gameplay, so it’s one worth keeping an eye on. It’s planned for a November release.
Microsoft Lets Nintendo Play With Ori
Nintendo’s burgeoning relationship with Microsoft has already resulted in a port of Cuphead and Banjo in Smash, and now we’ve seen the latest in the partnership. Ori and the Blind Forest, the acclaimed 2015 platformer from Moon Studios, is coming to Nintendo Switch on September 27.
Everything Else From Nintendo’s Indie Showcase
- Risk of Rain 2 from Hopoo and Gearbox is coming to Nintendo Switch this summer
- We got a new look at Torchlight 2, which is due on Nintendo Switch on September 3–plus you can grab an exclusive Nintendo Switch pet
- Eastward from Pixpil is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2020
- The music-driven shooter Freedom Finger from Wide Right Interactive is coming to Nintendo Switch this fall
- The action RPG Skellboy has set a date to release on Nintendo Switch on December 3
- Roki is a puzzle-adventure game based on Scandinavian folklore coming this winter
- The puzzle-platform adventure Youropa is coming this winter too
- EarthNight, a 2D platformer that pays homage to classic arcade games, is coming this year
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened will be a timed exclusive on Nintendo Switch when it launches in February 2020
- Creature and the Well and Northgard are now available for pre-order on the Nintendo Eshop
Source: Read Full Article