Black Ops 4 Introduces New Blackout Map, Alcatraz, On PS4 Today
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is introducing a new map for its battle royale mode, Blackout. The map is available first on PS4 from April 2 and is slightly smaller than the standard Blackout map that shipped with the game. It’s based on an iconic location known for its tourism and Nic Cage movie alike: Alcatraz. You can check out a trailer above.
Alcatraz the island prison off the coast of San Francisco. The real one closed in 1963 and since then has been a popular tourist destination, and frequently used in pop culture. Black Ops 4’s version brings close quarters combat to the island, as players fight for survival outside among buildings and watchtowers and inside through cells and tight corridors. Check out the video below to see it.
Click To UnmuteCall of Duty Black Ops 4 — Official Alcatraz Blackout Map Reveal Trailer
- Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month – April 2019
- Borderlands 3 Release Date May Have Leaked – GS News Update
- Gotham – Season 5 Ep. 12"J" Teaser
- Game Of Thrones Season 8: 8 Most Convincing Fan Theories
- Call Of Duty Black Ops 4 Getting New Blackout Map – GS News Update
- Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris – Announcement Trailer
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) – Official Special Look Trailer
- Rage 2 – Official "He's On Fire!" Pre-Order Trailer
- Pet Sematary – Final Trailer
- She-Ra And The Princesses Of Power – Official Season 2 Trailer
- The World Next Door Battle Puzzles And Boss Gameplay
- The World Next Door: First 20 Minutes Of Gameplay
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.This video has an invalid file format.00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Blackout is one of three modes in Black Ops 4, alongside competitive multiplayer and the cooperative Zombies mode. This year’s Call of Duty entry opted to forgo the series’ usual single-player campaign mode. Activision has been steadily issuing updates to its modes, most recently adding the St. Patty’s-themed Shamrock and Awe update with new cosmetics and other goodies.
Before that it made some quality-of-life updates like an update to its standard map and a Hardcore game mode. This came with an update that made various changes to the multiplayer and Zombies mode too. Operation Grand Heist was the spring’s big content update, adding a new Specialist, weapons, a Gauntlet mode, and a lot more.
Source: Read Full Article