Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Release Date Set For November 13th
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s release date has been confirmed as part of the big reveal event. The game will launch for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 13, 2020. The game is also coming to next-gen platforms, but the exact date is still up in the air. What we do know is Cold War is coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in Holiday 2020, “depending on when consoles are available to consumers,” according to Activision. Its first trailer debuted early this morning during an in-game event in Warzone.
Cold War is the Call of Duty: Black Ops subseries’ return to a conspiracy-laden story in a single-player campaign. As you can see in the trailer below, the game brings back familiar faces such as Mason, Woods, and Hudson for a globe-trotting story that’s set in the 1980s with certain parts going back to 1968 during the Vietnam War. It’s a direct sequel to the original Black Ops, and the setup has Soviet Russia and the United States amid tensions of nuclear war playing dangerous spy games with each other through covert ops, which is what you’ll be taking part in.
While we see the return of familiar characters and have a few new ones as allies, you will be playing as your own character that you create and customize. You’ll choose your personality traits, gender (with a “classified” option with gender-neutral pronouns), and appearance. There’ll be over-the-top action as per usual for Call of Duty, but dialogue options and open-ended mission objectives will also be a part of the experience, and the story has multiple endings.
Under the orders of then-US president Ronald Reagan (who’s a character in the game), your goal is to track down the elusive Soviet spy Perseus. And although we don’t know too many details on how the story will play out exactly, Raven Software creative director Dan Vondrak emphasized that the story “blurs the lines between truth and deception” and has “a good dose of paranoia and mind-f***ery.”
Black Ops Cold War will feature its own multiplayer component and a new Zombies mode, and a Cold War open beta is on the way, with PS4 users getting access first. The full game has cross-play between different platforms and generations, and waves of new content and a battle pass are planned for Cold War. There is said to be integration with Call of Duty: Warzone such as in-game rewards and linked progression as well. More multiplayer details are planned to be revealed on September 9 via Call of Duty’s official Twitch channel.
For more on the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out all our stories below, and you can pre-order the game here.
- Everything We Know About Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer: Zombies, Cross-Gen, Warzone Integration
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War Campaign Has Gender-Neutral Pronouns And Character Creation
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War — How Long To Beat Its Campaign?
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War Is A Direct Sequel To Black Ops 1, Set In The ’80s (Mostly)
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War Has Open-Ended Missions And Multiple Endings
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War Has Multiple Endings, And Here’s Why
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War Stars New And Familiar Characters, And Ronald Reagan
- Why Call Of Duty: Blackout 2 Isn’t Coming In Black Ops Cold War
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War Brings Back Batman Writer; Story Isn’t Trying To Be Political
Source: Read Full Article