Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Upcoming Update Will Change The 725 Shotgun Again
Activision is planning another update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to address one of the military shooter’s most controversial weapons. In a tweet, multiplayer co-director Joe Cecot said developer Infinity Ward is planning another change for the 725 shotgun that should address how effective the weapon is at a distance.
Specifically, the update will “massage out” instances where the 725 is seemingly too effective at range, Cecot said. As you can see in the video below, the 725 is still very, very effective at a distance, which many have remarked makes the shotgun far too powerful.
The 725 is a break-action shotgun that carries only two rounds. It’s also not a standard shotgun. The weapon has a cylindrical choke that keeps the projectile spread tight. This is what makes the 725 effective at long ranges unlike other, more standard shotguns.
In another tweet, Cecot said Infinity Ward is being careful to make sure that whatever changes it plans for the 725 do not impact the “soul” of the weapon. He also confirmed that Infinity Ward has no plans to simply remove the 725 from the game. “No,” he said.
The video below shows the 725 killing someone in one shot, from across the map. Cecot said this video shows a “rare” situation where one of the shotgun pellets lands. That being said, Cecot added that there are “changes still to come,” presumably for instances like this.
Modern Warfare launched at the end of October, and it generated $600 million in revenue right away. The game is expected to sell as many as 27 million copies this quarter, while it will bring in even more money when the first Battle Pass launches in December.
In other Call of Duty news, the Call of Duty Mobile game is racing up the charts with more than 140 million downloads and $50 million in revenue over its first month.
Click To Unmute
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — November 10-16, 2019
- Death Stranding – Here's When You Get Your Assault Rifle
- Biggest Celebrity Cameos We Found In Death Stranding
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Pass & Update Details – GS News Update
- Testing Rainbow Six Siege Y4S4 Operators
- Sony Wants You To Buy A PS5 Faster Than Usual – GS New Update
- Where’s The MONEH?! – Dirty Arty Episode 3
- Hearthstone Battlegrounds Beta Rat King Mech Deck Gameplay
- 5 Trippy Games In The Spirit of Death Stranding
- Death Stranding – Chapter 2 Walkthrough (No Commentary)
- Castle Rock Season 2 Episode 5 Easter Eggs & Story Breakdown | "The Laughing Place"
- Death Stranding – Prologue and Chapter 1 Walkthrough (No Commentary)
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Video Review
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article