Diablo 4 Won't Have An Offline Mode, All Versions Are Online-Only
Blizzard has confirmed that Diablo 4 will not have an offline mode. Speaking during a panel held at BlizzCon 2019, lead designer Angela Del Priore addressed a question about whether the game can be played solo and whether it will support “a full offline mode.”
“We are not going to support an offline mode,” Del Priore replied. “But as I said before, nothing in DIablo 4 is going to require partying up. You can play solo and dungeons are private. Campain quest areas will [also] remain private.”
This shouldn’t be much of a surprise to Diablo players on PC, especially those that played Diablo 3, which has required an internet connection to function since its launch. This is also the case for the majority of Blizzard’s other major franchises, such as World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and StarCraft.
However, console versions of Diablo 3 do include the ability to play offline. Diablo 4 is in development for PS4 and Xbox One, as well as PC. In a statement to GameSpot, a Blizzard representative has confirmed that Diablo 4 will be online-only across all versions, including PS4 and Xbox One.
At BlizzCon, we played some of Diablo 4 and felt that the “live” aspect of the game introduced something new to the franchise. The return to the series’ darker, occult roots is also one of the most distinct aspects of the game. You can read our full Diablo 4 impressions for more.
- BlizzCon 2019 News: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, And Everything Else Announced
- New Hero Confirmed For Overwatch 2: Sojourn
- BlizzCon Schedule: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 Unveiling, And More
- Overwatch 2 Announced, Includes PvP And PvE
- What Overwatch 2 Means For Current Players
- Diablo 4 Announced At BlizzCon 2019
- Diablo 4 Gameplay Trailer Shows The New RPG In Action
- New WoW Shadowlands Expansion Trailer Released At BlizzCon 2019
- Hearthstone Expansion "Descent of Dragons" Announced, Coming In December
- Here's Every Hearthstone "Descent Of Dragons" Card (So Far)
Click To Unmute
- Diablo IV – "By Three They Come" Cinematic Announcement Trailer
- Diablo IV – Character Classes Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, & Expansions Announced At BlizzCon 2019 – GS News Update
- Free PS4 PlayStation Plus Games For November 2019 Revealed
- We Played Red Dead Redemption 2 On PC
- We Played Overwatch 2's New Story Campaign
- We Break The Moon Man In Outer Worlds – Dirty Arty Ep.2
- Best Things To Stream For November 2019 – Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Shudder, Disney+
- God of War with Fairlight_Excalibur on PlayStation Now
- Why The BlizzCon 2019 Hong Kong Protest Is Happening – GS News Update
- Hearthstone: Descent Of Dragons – Full Stage Presentation | BlizzCon 2019
- Overwatch 2 – Full Stage Presentation | BlizzCon 2019
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Diablo 4's Brutal Combat Is A Return To The Series's Dark Side
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article