Legends of Runeterra’s first patch adds adorable Guardians, announces two week patch cycles
Legends of Runeterra has been in open beta for nearly two weeks, and its first patch hit Tuesday morning. Patch 0.8.3 is what Riot Games describes as a small patch for Legends of Runterra — there are no new cards or major card balance changes, only bug fixes and some sped up animations. Instead, Riot used the patch notes to announce Legends of Runeterra’s usual patch cadence, as well as to add some adorable Guardians to the game.
For the complete list of patch notes, scroll down.
Riot plans to patch Legends of Runeterra every two weeks. The patches will cycle between small and large patches, with 0.8.3 being an example of a smaller patch. Larger patches — the first of which hits in two weeks — will focus on major card updates and balance. Riot plans to release patches on Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. ET.
While patch 0.8.3 doesn’t address the XP system, the team at Riot is watching it closely:
One of our main goals for progression is to encourage play through rewards without forcing chore-like behaviors—we want you to have efficient ways to progress, we just also want those experiences to be fun. For example, we don’t want players to feel like they need to grind AI games or snap concede matches to maximize their progression.
The Legends of Runeterra team then stated that it’s already looking at potential XP adjustments.
In terms of new additions to the game, there are three new Guardians, which are moving avatars players can buy to represent themselves. This patch brings the Basilisk, Silverwing, and Gloomtooth to Runeterra. Each Guardian costs 590 Coins, or about $6.
Legends of Runeterra patch 0.8.3 is live now, with patch 0.9 coming Feb. 18.
Here are the official patch notes and bug fixes in patch 0.8.3.
- Animation speed increases:
- Whirling Death
- Yasuo’s stun / recall damage
- New installs of LoR now have a smaller initial size so new players can start playing faster—post-tutorial game content will download as you play through tutorials, instead of all before.
- Purchasing cards with shards or wildcards now correctly updates your displayed total remaining.
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t correctly receiving cards after purchasing them with wildcards.
- Various fixes for minor social panel issues (delays, unresolvable notifications, etc.)
- Used Cask Salesman now shows in Expeditions archetypes.
- Anivia now correctly appears in two Expeditions archetypes, rather than three.
- Reduced volume on ‘The Box’ and ‘Thresh’s The Box.’
- T-Hex leg rotation fixed in celebration animation.
- Improved resolution on T-Hex and Poro Collection images.
Source: Read Full Article