Fortnite’s new patch is adding air strikes to the game
The newest content update for Fortnite patch v9.30 is here. This time around Epic is adding air strikes.
The new item in this patch is literally called Air Strike and it’s a little can of colored smoke. When you throw it somewhere, it marks that area, and a few seconds later the sky opens up and pours missiles down on your target. A total of 20 missiles will come down for every Air Strike you use.
While these missiles are dangerous for players — they’ll do 75 damage a hit — their 200 damage to structures means that airstrikes will clear player-made buildings in an instant. Thankfully, these weapons appear to be fairly rare and look like they’ll only come in a Legendary variety.
For a deeper dive into Fortnite’s new Air Strike weapon see the full patch notes below.
Fortnite patch notes for v9.30 content update 3
Weapons and Items
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
Limited Time Mode Rotation
High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! ‘Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
Source: Read Full Article