NHL 20 Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
A new patch has arrived for NHL 20, and it appears to include some notable changes and improvements for gameplay and more. Here’s what to expect from the new update on PS4 and Xbox One, including the full patch notes.
Starting with gameplay, the update fixes a “rare” issue that could cause the puck to stop completely when shot or passed on the boards. The update also fixes a bug that could cause the goalie to lose the puck when trying to cover it between the legs.
The NHL 20 update also adds new interception logic tuning and improves player head tracking. Defensemen are now smarter, too, as their awareness attribute is improved. Additionally, players can now better intercept passes.
In another bid to improve realism, the NHL 20 patch makes players less balanced and prepared when performing a pivot or skating backwards with the puck. And in what sounds like a welcome update, this new patch changes the tripping penalty system to now only trigger with an increased amount of contact from the stick on the legs or skates.
Moving to presentation, the new NHL 20 update introduces new commentary for the broadcasters and the ability to skip the “Play of the Period” replays that some remarked went on for too long.
The World of CHEL mode sees changes, too, as the Canal rink for EASHL drop-in 3v3 and 6v6 has been removed. And in terms of equipment, the True Dynamic 9 Pro helmet has been added alongside numerous new jerseys such as the Winter Classic jerseys for the Dallas Stars and the Nashville Predators.
You can visit the EA Sports forums to see a full breakdown of the January 30 NHL 20 patch or check out the patch notes below.
NHL 20 Update Patch Notes
– Fixed a rare case where the puck could stop dead when passed or shot around the boards
– Various interception logic tuning
– Reduced player ability for pickups outside skaters field of view (1 hand behind the back pickups) so they do not play as often and as unrealistically fast
– Defensive awareness attribute made more effective and tuned the windows in which players can intercept pucks within their field of view
– Improved player head tracking of the puck
– Players tuned to have less balance/preparedness when pivoting or backskating with the puck
– Fixed the issue where holding pass would negate spins from working which opened up holes in skating blends
– Fixed an issue where slapshots in the defensive end would target your own net instead of the left stick direction
– Further improvements to covers for pucks underneath the goaltender
– Fixed a case where the goalie would continuously lose the puck when performing a between the legs cover
– Fixed a few cases where the puck was able to slip past the goalie unintentionally while they were tight to the post
– Increased the amount of stick contact on legs/skates needed to cause a trip
– Added additional commentary
– Added consensus skip to Play of the Period replays
World of CHEL
– Turned off Canal outdoor rink from EASHL Drop-in 3v3 and 6v6
– Fixed an issue where top clubs in Threes Eliminator stopped receiving points when near the top of the leaderboards
– New content added to World of CHEL which is to be revealed through the Chel Challenge card. Tune in regularly to see what exciting new stuff you can earn
Art – Equipment
– True Dynamic 9 Pro Helmet
– Fixed an issue where Users would sometimes crash playing against certain Squad Battles teams
– Fixed an issue where Users would sometimes earn negative Skill Rating for a Win in HUT Rivals
Art – Jerseys
– Anaheim Ducks Alternate
– Boston Bruins Alternate
– Colorado Avalanche Stadium Series
– Los Angeles Kings Stadium Series
– Dallas Stars Winter Classic
– Nashville Predators Winter Classic
– San Jose Barracuda Alternate
Source: Read Full Article