The Last Of Us 2's Collector's Edition Has A Heartfelt Note From Its Director, Here's What It Says
After solidifying a February 2020 release date for The Last of Us Part II during PlayStation’s State of Play livestream, Sony detailed the game’s various editions on the PlayStation blog. The Last of Us Part II Collector’s Edition includes a note from co-director Neil Druckmann, and we’ve parsed what is says.
In the printed note, Druckmann expresses his thanks and explains the themes TLOU2 is trying to hit. “What would you do if someone you loved was the victim of a cruel and violent act?” he opens the note. “How easily could one’s mind tip toward violent retribution? How far would you go to bring the people responsible to justice? If you were successful, how would it change you? Would you ever be the same?”
Druckmann says, with TLOU2, that he and the team at Naughty Dog are posing “difficult questions” and digging into the “darkest sides of human nature” to see what the limits of people are. “With The Last of Us Part 2, we set out to create an experience that explores these difficult questions, the darkest sides of human nature, and the vicious cycles of violence that we witness in the world around us on a daily basis,” he writes. “The result is a game crafted by hundreds of developers that pushed themselves to create something more than mere entertainment–a game that we’re incredibly proud of and that we hope will enthrall you and challenge your own views of justice and empathy. On behalf of everyone at Naughty Dog, we want to thank you for embarking on this journey with us.”
The game’s Collector’s Edition, which retails for $170 USD, also comes with an assortment of other items. Among these are physical collectibles like a 12-inch statue of Ellie strumming her guitar, digital items like a PS4 dynamic theme, and more.
State of Play News
- PS4's September 2019 State Of Play: The Last Of Us 2 And All Other Announcements
- PS Plus October 2019 PS4 Lineup Revealed During State Of Play
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Story Trailer Officially Debuts
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare's Spec Ops Survival Mode Will Come To PS4 First
- The Last Of Us 2 Finally Has A Release Date, Coming February 2020
- Death Stranding Limited Edition PS4 Pro And DualShock 4 Revealed; Pre-Orders Available Now
- New Last Of Us 2 Gameplay Trailer Revealed
- The Last Of Us 2 New Gameplay Debuts At Sony State Of Play
- New Last Of Us 2 Story Details Revealed During State Of Play
- MediEvil Remaster Demo Is Out Now On PS4
We’ve learned plenty of details about TLOU2 during this week’s State of Play, including that it’ll be split between two discs, it’s Naughty Dog’s longest game to date, and the pressures the studio has felt to craft a worthy-enough sequel. Druckmann announced that more information will be shared tomorrow, September 26, in celebration of Outbreak Day. Additionally, The Last of Us Remastered is featured in October’s PS Plus lineup, so you can catch up on the story before the sequel drops on February 21, 2020 for PlayStation 4.
Source: Read Full Article